11 January 2007

Christian Hatred 4 - starting with religion in general


Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought, so by most religions I am already good as condemned before saying or doing anything... in which case I might as well get everything off my chest.

To me, institutionalised religion has always been the wound, not the bandage; they are nothing more than failures resulting from attempts to popularise art.

I have nothing against prayer, which gives man the opportunity of getting to know a gentleman he never meets (no, I do not mean his Maker, but himself) however this notion of praying to an omniscient patriarchal Supreme Being that is alive but just doesn’t want to get involved anymore… well, all I can say is that man is a credulous animal that must believe something- and really, some people will believe anything if you whisper it to them- which is the only thing capable of explaining how, in the absence of good grounds for belief, man will be satisfied with bad ones.

Religion has become the immemorial refuge of the incompetent, the ignorant, the illiterate, the helpless and the miserable, who find not only sanctuary in their Creator’s arms, but also a kind of superiority soothing to their macerated egos; He will set them above their betters. Worst of all is that in the absence of any clear guidance from Him, hordes of religious fanatics of differing and conflicting creeds decide for themselves what He would say, taking it upon themselves to ram their versions of His will down everyone else’s throat, killing one another if need be. All of this anti-Islam sentiment in the world at the moment, but let me assure you that in my view Christians are no better: when it comes to the next edition of the Bible, his worshippers probably won’t bother write He, meaning Him with a capital h- God will be written in the lower case, to banish any lurking sense of inferiority they feel.

The act of worship as carried on by these imbeciles seems to me to be debasing rather than ennobling… not only their God, but of all that their God created, including themselves. Who creates a world that is not meant to be appreciated or loved? Who expects those living within that world not to spend every minute trying to appreciate and love their fellow man?

So it is that, after coming in contact with a religious man, I always feel that I must wash my hands. Quite frankly, I find them moral and intellectual wrecks, beneath my contempt.

No comments: